Our core values are based on the Olympic and Paralympic values, which underpin the Games as a set of universal principles, but can be applied to education and our lives, as well as to sport. These are in our charter, are taught through daily worship, and are touchstones in our daily interactions and expectations:
- Friendship – how to understand and support each other despite any differences.
- Respect – fair play; knowing one’s own limits; and taking care of one’s health and the environment.
- Excellence – how to give the best of oneself; taking part; and progressing according to one’s own objectives.
- Determination – the drive and motivation to overcome both physical and mental barriers in order to achieve your goals.
- Inspiration – to be motivated by the achievements and actions of others and to be a positive example to others.
- Courage – having the self-belief and confidence to overcome adversity and face difficulty.
- Equality – showing respect and humility towards all those around you.