Vision and Purpose
Our Vision is to be schools where:
- there are expectations of excellence.
- individuals are valued.
- achievements celebrated.
- children are happy and safe.
We aim that our schools are held in the highest esteem by pupils, staff, parents, governors and the wider community. We want pupils and staff to enjoy coming to school every day, and we take pride in moving our schools ever forward.
We are committed to maximising pupil achievement and development and central to maintaining our Ethos and Values is our Charter for Living and Learning.
Our Purpose & Values:
Our children will:
- be happy and secure.
- be high achieving learners – making excellent progress in relation to prior attainment.
- be enthusiastic and highly motivated to learn.
- demonstrate positive attitudes and behaviours characterised by high self-esteem, independence and responsibility.
- develop key skills.
- become well-rounded citizens of the 21st Century.
Our staff will:
- Create a vibrant learning environment.
- Have a secure subject knowledge.
- Employ effective teaching strategies and ensure learning is relevant, creative, challenging, participative and enjoyable.
- Plan and assess effectively.
- Set high expectations and pace lessons appropriately.
- Provide a rich, stimulating and balanced curriculum.
- Encourage children to solve problems, take risks and be creative.
- Employ positive reinforcement and celebrate achievement.
- Work in partnership with parents.
- Contribute, take responsibility and develop initiatives.
- Consistently hold high professional expectations of themselves and one another.
It is a school where:
- There is a positive ethos, confidence and optimism.
- There is a culture of inclusion, enabling the participation and involvement of all.
- There is an environment of opportunity – engendering a sense of pride, ownership, responsibility and identity.
- There are caring relationships where children and adults are valued as individuals.
- Diversity is celebrated and respected, and we challenge stereotypes.
- We value open and effective communication and consultation.
- We value fairness, honesty and integrity.
- We believe practice can always be improved, and maintain an open dialogue about how children learn best.
- We value the learning and development of pupils, staff and volunteers.
- We learn from each other, making every effort to disseminate goods ideas and best practice.
- We continually reflect, evaluate and challenge our existing beliefs.
Our Golden Rule. This is based on the Unicef convention of Rights for Every Child.
We will treat others as we would like to be treated
Our purpose is to encourage, support and develop every child so that they reach their full potential.
We prepare children to live responsibly and peacefully in the spirit of understanding, tolerance, equality and friendship.