Vacancy: Class Teacher (Y2 / Y4)
The school’s friendly, energetic and professional staff work together within a happy, popular school community. They take pride in offering a rich and vibrant curriculum with specialist teachers in music and PE, as well as early language learning for all years. We welcome applications from teachers who would like to join this talented team, and are looking forward to hearing from those seeking their first teaching post, as well as those with teaching experience who are ready for a new challenge.
To be successful and thrive in our community, you will need to be a qualified teacher who is:
• Passionate about providing memorable learning opportunities for all children within a creative and inspiring curriculum
• An excellent communicator with fantastic interpersonal skills
• Enthusiastic, innovative, creative and caring
• Committed to raising standards through excellent teaching and learning
• Able to work effectively within a talented and friendly team on whole school issues
• A confident practitioner, who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice and has high expectations of achievement and behaviour
Working as a teacher within our schools provides the exciting opportunity to join not only a school-based team, but a Trust-wide one. Our teachers plan in year groups across the Trust, with curriculum progressions and resources shared between schools. Our INSET Days combine Trust-wide and school-led learning, and on a day-to-day basis you have the benefit of support and guidance from our Trust Quality Champions with specialisms in – amongst other subjects – English, Maths, Phonics, Behaviour and SEND.
What we offer
We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide:
- An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff and children in all of our schools
- A highly organised and very supportive team
- High quality professional development opportunities from Day One, including a National College and National Online Safety account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff
- Unlimited, free access to the Employee Assistance Programme which gives all our staff confidential support and guidance whenever they need it
- Generous employer contributions to the Local Authority Pension Scheme
This role will involve contact with children and the post holder will be engaged in regulated activity relevant to children and will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exception Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
Please note that by submitting an application, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to view any publicly available information published online (including social media platforms) as part of our shortlisting process, in line with current KCSIE guidelines.