Vacancy: Early Years Nursery Teaching Assistant (December 2021)
8.45am – 4.15pm Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
(Some flexibility on the start time on a Monday and Friday may be possible for the right candidate)
We pride ourselves on how included our Nursery children are within the main school; they are provided with a range of multi-sensory resources in both the indoor and outdoor environment, and are regularly taken into smaller separate groups where the adults focus on teaching particular skills. The children use areas such as the school hall and school library, and their confidence in sharing these learning spaces is highly effective in the promotion of their independence and supporting a smooth transition into school.
If you are an experienced Teaching Assistant, qualified to Level 3, and ideally with a background in working in a Nursery for Early Years provision, we would love to hear from you.
You will need to be:
• Able to work purposefully and collaboratively with children, young people and families
• Passionate about improving learning opportunities for all children within a creative curriculum
• Able to form positive relationships and foster the characteristics of effective learning
• Committed to valuing and supporting the development of each child
• Flexible, enthusiastic and energetic, with a strong commitment to teamwork
• Trained in First Aid, or willing to undertake training
• Confident in the use of IT, including Word, Smart boards and the internet
• Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with children and adults alike
• Qualified in NVQ Level 3 in Teaching and Learning, or higher
Candidate Briefing Pack >
Application Form >
Equality & Diversity Form >
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
What we offer
We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide:
- An excellent working environment, with access to all the resources you will need to create exceptional learning opportunities
- Opportunities to work and plan collaboratively with experienced colleagues from across The Trust
- Warm, enthusiastic and friendly children who are keen to learn and deserve the best
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff
- A commitment to high quality professional development and career progression
- A basic Zoom account
- The opportunity to increase your skills and knowledge through a National College training account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free, whenever you want them
- A buddy for all of our new staff, who provide support for as long as is needed to help our starters become a part of the Mead family as quickly as possible
- Access to a comprehensive staff portal, to make it quick and easy to get to everything you need in one place