Vacancy: Kickstart Apprenticeships
River Mead School, Lowbourne, Melksham, SN12 7ED
Castle Mead School, Mascroft Road, Trowbridge, BA14 6GD
The Mead School, Hackett Place, Trowbridge, BA14 7GN
Talk to your work coach to find out about the local Kickstart opportunities and how to apply. You can also search current Kickstart vacancies on Find a Job.
Referrals to Kickstart Scheme jobs end on Tuesday 1 March. You must be referred to a Kickstart job by your work coach before you can apply to the role. Speak to your work coach as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance of starting a Kickstart opportunity by Thursday 31 March.
The Mead Trust has 5 new roles available for Kickstart applicants:
- Administration Assistant (2 roles available)
- Classroom Assistant – Early Years and Reading (4 roles available)
- Classroom Assistant – Music (up to 3 roles available)
- Classroom Assistant – PE (up to 3 roles available)
- Premises and Facilities Assistant (1 role available)
Please read the information pack for full details of all of the roles that are available
Find A Job website >
Kickstart Information Pack >
Application Form >
Equality & Diversity Form >
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
What we offer
- An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff in all of our schools
- A highly organised and very supportive team
- High quality professional development opportunities from Day One
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff
- A Zoom account
- A National College training account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free
Kickstarters will participate in induction training that is undertaken by all new staff that join our trust. This includes induction sessions on Safeguarding, Special Educational Needs, and Behaviour Management. All Kickstarters will also attend trust-wide training days which will focus on specific areas of development linked to individual roles.
During the placement, all Kickstarters will receive ongoing 1-2-1 training and careers guidance with support for writing a CV and covering letter, job search, setting up a LinkedIn account and using social media to find a job. We will provide training on CV writing and mock interviews. This will take place in the second half of the placement as Kickstarters begin to look for jobs. References will be provided for Kickstarters moving on to roles at the end of the placement.
We will ensure that we support all Kickstarters’ well-being so they are able to thrive and be their best at all times.