Vacancy: Senior Teacher (Maths)
We are seeking to appoint a caring, enthusiastic, talented and appropriately experienced/qualified Senior Teacher to work at The Mead Community Primary School - a potential promotion for suitable candidates from within our existing staff team.
We are looking for a suitably experienced qualified teacher who is:
• Inclusive, passionate, and principled. These are our Trust core principles, and everyone who works for us embodies these in their own unique way
• Passionate about providing memorable learning opportunities for all children within a creative and inspiring curriculum
• Dedicated to, and has high expectations of, children with a belief that all children can succeed
• An excellent communicator with fantastic interpersonal skills
• Innovative, creative and forward thinking, and committed to their own professional development and learning
• Committed to raising standards through excellent teaching and learning
• Able to work effectively within a talented and friendly team on whole school issues
• A confident practitioner, who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice and high expectations of achievement and behaviour
• Enthusiastic, energetic, warm and caring
• Ready to develop their leadership potential with TLR level accountability and responsibility
This is a Senior Teacher role with the following roles and responsibilities:
• Be part of the extended strategic leadership team of the school, working closely with the Headteacher and Assistant Headteacher/SENCO, fellow Senior Teachers and Deputy Headteachers
• Lead the mathematics curriculum and its delivery for the school
• Lead on the coaching and training of all teachers to ensure consistently excellent teaching of maths fluency and mastery
• Monitor outcomes across the teaching of maths, particulalryl for more vulnerable pupils
• Ensure the highest quality of maths teaching across all classes through oversight of successful long, medium and short term plans
• Lead on preparation for maths SATs
• Ensure that a passion for maths is at the heart of our school and recognised in all areas
• Class teaching at a level of excellence which both inspires and enables others to develop practice
1. A completed application form
2. A letter detailing any additional information
3. A video (no longer than 2 minutes) or a written explanation (no more than 500 words) describing the skills and experience needed to be an excellent Senior Teacher (Maths) – and how you know you’ve got them
Candidate Briefing Pack >
Application Form >
Equality & Diversity Form >
This role will involve contact with children and the post holder will be engaged in regulated activity relevant to children and will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exception Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
Please note that by submitting an application, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to view any publicly available information published on social media platforms as part of our shortlisting process, in line with current KCSIE guidelines.
Child Protection Policy >
Code of Conduct >
What we offer
We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide. At Senior Teacher level support will include:
- Opportunities for training through National Professional Qualifications in leadership at an appropriate level and focus
- Regular coaching and mentoring from the Headteacher
- Development as a leader through an active part in senior leadership
- Immersion in curriculum reviews and Trust wide leadership as appropriate
- Dedicated subject leadership time