Vacancy: Teaching Assistant (February 2022)
River Mead School is excited to be able to offer this fantastic Teaching Assistant position to enrich the lives of children at our school. The successful candidate will join a strong friendly team whose vision for children’s individual needs is at the heart of every aspect of school life – every child matters.
We welcome applications from experienced Teaching Assistants, as well as those who are passionate about working with children and are just embarking on their career of supporting learning.
Please get in touch with us to find out more if you are:
• Able to work purposefully and collaboratively with children, young people and families
• Passionate about improving learning opportunities for all children within a creative curriculum
• Able to form positive relationships and foster the characteristics of effective learning
• Committed to valuing and supporting the development of each child
• Flexible, enthusiastic and energetic, with a strong commitment to teamwork
• Trained in First Aid, or willing to undertake training
• Confident in the use of IT, including Word, Smart boards and the internet
• Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with children and adults alike
• Qualified in NVQ Level 2 in Teaching and Learning, or higher
Candidate Briefing Pack >
Application Form >
Equality & Diversity Form >
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
What we offer
We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide:
- An excellent working environment, with access to all the resources you will need to create exceptional learning opportunities
- Opportunities to work and plan collaboratively with experienced colleagues from across The Trust
- PSA supervision through Collaborative Schools Limited
- Warm, enthusiastic and friendly children who are keen to learn and deserve the best
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff
- A commitment to high quality professional development and career progression
- A basic Zoom account
- The opportunity to increase your skills and knowledge through a National College training account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free, whenever you want them
- A buddy for all of our new staff, who provide support for as long as is needed to help our starters become a part of the Mead family as quickly as possible
- Access to a comprehensive staff portal, to make it quick and easy to get to everything you need in one place