Vacancy: Teaching Assistant (January 2022)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge, or someone early in their career looking for the next step. If you are passionate about providing Inspirational Learning for All of our children, and ready to support all of our learners to flourish, then this post could be for you!
We are looking for applicants who are able to work purposefully, and form positive relationships, with children and their families, and are passionate about improving learning opportunities for all children in our school. You’ll be committed to valuing and supporting the development of each child, and have a strong commitment to teamwork. To really succeed in this role, you will need to be flexible, enthusiastic and energetic, with a great sense of humour.
You wil need to have the following skills to be really effective in this role:
• Trained in First Aid, or willing to undertake training
• Confident in the use of IT, including Word, Smart boards and the internet
• Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with children and adults alike
• Qualified in NVQ Level 2 in Teaching and Learning, or higher
Candidate Briefing Pack >
Application Form >
Equality & Diversity Form >
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
What we offer
We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide:
- An excellent working environment, with access to all the resources you will need to create exceptional learning opportunities
- Opportunities to work and plan collaboratively with experienced colleagues from across The Trust
- Warm, enthusiastic and friendly children who are keen to learn and deserve the best
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff
- A commitment to high quality professional development and career progression
- A basic Zoom account
- The opportunity to increase your skills and knowledge through a National College training account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free, whenever you want them
- A buddy for all of our new staff, who provide support for as long as is needed to help our starters become a part of the Mead family as quickly as possible
- Access to a comprehensive staff portal, to make it quick and easy to get to everything you need in one place