Vacancy: Teaching Assistant
The successful candidates will join a strong and friendly team, whose vision for children’s individual needs is at the heart of every aspect of school life. Full training will be given to the right candidates – it’s about your attitude and approach just as much as it is about experience, so we welcome applications from experienced Teaching Assistants, as well as those who are passionate about working with children and are just embarking on their career of supporting learning.
Our Teaching Assistants are crucial to the running of our schools, and get involved in a wide variety of activities, including:
• Working with groups and individuals under the direction of a teacher, to develop the physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills of children
• Assisting with learning activities to develop children’s knowledge through support and encouragement
• Making observations of the children’s progress, attitudes and behaviour
• Participating in the planning, delivery and evaluation of activities
• Being involved in the preparation of activities, ensuring that appropriate equipment is available, and helping clear away afterwards
• Administering First Aid and medication
• Displaying children’s work in classrooms and corridors, to celebrate their achievements and contribute to the positive, vibrant atmosphere of the school
This role will be a great fit for you if you are:
• Inclusive, passionate, and principled. These are our Trust core principles, and everyone who works for us embodies these in their own unique way
• Able to support all children with their learning needs
• Passionate about improving learning opportunities for all children in the school
• Happy to work in a team, as well as being able to use your own initiative
You will need to have the following skills to be really effective as a Teaching Assistant in our school:
• Trained in First Aid, or willing to undertake training
• Confident in the use of IT, including Word, Smart boards and the internet
• Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with children and adults alike
• Qualified in NVQ Level 2 in Teaching and Learning (essential)
• Qualified in NVQ Level 3 in Teaching and Learning (preferred)
1. A completed application form
2. A letter detailing any additional information
3. A video (no longer than 2 minutes) or a written explanation of not more than 500 words describing the knowledge and skills that are needed to be an excellent Teaching Assistant - and how you know you've got them
Candidate Briefing Pack >
Application Form >
Equality & Diversity Form >
This role will involve contact with children and the post holder will be engaged in regulated activity relevant to children and will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exception Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
Please note that by submitting an application, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to view any publicly available information published on social media platforms as part of our shortlisting process, in line with current KCSIE guidelines.
Child Protection Policy >
Code of Conduct >
What we offer
We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide:
- An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff and children in all of our schools
- A highly organised and very supportive team
- High quality professional development opportunities from Day One, including a National College account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff
- Unlimited, free access to the Employee Assistance Programme which gives all our staff confidential support and guidance whenever they need it