Vacancy: Teaching Assistant (Nurture)
8.45am – 3.15pm plus additional hour on a Thursday (planning and preparation time, with Class Teacher) from 3.30pm – 4.30pm
You will work with small groups of children to focus on their specific areas of learning to meet their needs. You will collate resources needed for each session, and be able to record feedback from the sessions. Our children respond well to people who are warm, friendly and above all nurturing, if you believe you can have a positive impact on the daily learning experience of the children at our school, then we would love to hear from you.
You might have just finished a qualification in childcare or Teaching and Learning, or have worked in a specialist provision, or cared for children in another setting. Our staff come from a huge variety of backgrounds, and we embrace and actively welcome people from all walks of life. We understand the vast knowledge and skill that comes from a range of sectors. The key thing is to ensure you have the patience, passion, and dedication to work with some of our most vulnerable children.
This role will be a great fit for you if you:
• Are inclusive, passionate, and principled. These are our Trust core principles, and everyone who works for us embodies these in their own unique way
• Hold a relevant Level 3 Child Care or Teaching Assistant qualification (or have relevant experience and willingness to undertake further training)
• Have excellent communication skills to be able to positively engage with children, parents and staff
• Have experience of supporting children with a variety of learning needs
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
• Can establish constructive working relationships with pupils, setting high expectations and acting as a positive role model
• Are able to provide learning support for pupils, to help them learn effectively as individuals, in groups, or in whole-class situations
• Are able to communicate well with children and adults
• Are caring, patient and calm
• Hold a First Aid training certificate, or are willing to undertake training
How to apply
1. A completed application form
2. A letter detailing any additional information
3. A video (no longer than 2 minutes) or a written explanation (no more than 500 words) describing the knowledge and skills that are needed to be an excellent Teaching Assistant (Nurture) - and how you know you've got them
Candidate Briefing Pack >
Application Form >
Equality & Diversity Form >
This role will involve contact with children and the post holder will be engaged in regulated activity relevant to children and will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exception Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
Please note that by submitting an application, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to view any publicly available information published on social media platforms as part of our shortlisting process, in line with current KCSIE guidelines.
Child Protection Policy >
Code of Conduct >
What we offer
We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide:
- An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff and children in all of our schools
- A highly organised and very supportive team
- High quality professional development opportunities from Day One, including a National College account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff
- Unlimited, free access to the Employee Assistance Programme which gives all our staff confidential support and guidance whenever they need it