Vacancy: Teaching Assistant
The friendly, passionate team at the Mead at Wingfield have a vacancy for a Teaching Assistant. You will be joining a thriving, growing school and supporting the learning of a wonderful group of children who are enthusiastic and eager to learn.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge, or someone early in their career looking for the next step. If you are passionate about providing Inspirational Learning for All of our children, and ready to support all of our learners to flourish, then this post could be for you!
We are looking for applicants who are able to work purposefully and form positive relationships with children and their families. You’ll be committed to valuing and supporting the development of each child and be a strong team player. To really succeed in this role, you will need to be flexible and energetic, with a great sense of humour. You’ll have meeting children’s needs at the heart of everything you do and be prepared to work collaboratively with the wider school team.
We pride ourselves on our comprehensive induction process and delivering ongoing professional development to all of our staff. We will give full training to the right person, as we believe strongly that it’s much more about attitude and approach than it is about experience. As a result, we welcome applications from people who are passionate about working with children, no matter what their background is.
This role will suit you if you are:
• Inclusive, passionate, and principled. These are our Trust core principles, and everyone who works for us embodies these in their own unique way
• Able to support all children with their learning needs
• Passionate about improving learning opportunities for all children in the school
• Happy to work in a team, as well as being able to use your own initiative
You will need to have the following skills to be really effective in this role:
• Trained in First Aid, or willing to undertake training
• Confident in the use of IT, including SharePoint, Word, Smart boards and the internet
• Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with children and adults alike
• Qualified in NVQ Level 2 in Teaching and Learning (preferred)
How to apply
Candidate Briefing Pack >
This role will involve contact with children and the post holder will be engaged in regulated activity relevant to children and will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exception Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
Please note that by submitting an application, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to view any publicly available information published online (including social media platforms) as part of our shortlisting process, in line with current KCSIE guidelines.
What we offer
We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide:
- An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff and children in all of our schools
- A highly organised and very supportive team
- High quality professional development opportunities from Day One, including a National College account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff
- Unlimited, free access to the Employee Assistance Programme which gives all our staff confidential support and guidance whenever they need it
- Generous employer contributions to the Local Authority Pension Scheme