Vacancy: Midday Supervisory Assistant (MDSA)
• Supporting children to collect and eat their lunch
• Ensuring the lunch hall is a calm, pleasant space for all children
• Assisting in meeting pupils’ pastoral needs for praise, comfort, encouragement, reassurance and care
• Taking responsibility for the welfare and hygiene of children
• Carrying out domestic duties such as tidying up, ensuring all areas of the lunch hall are kept clean and ready for use
This is a permanent position, and we are looking for someone who can make a long-term commitment to the school. You will be someone who is:
• Experienced in cleaning
• Willing to ‘muck in’
• Able to work flexibly and be a real team player
• Energetic, adaptable, reliable and friendly
1. A completed application form
2. A letter detailing any additional information
Candidate Briefing Pack >
Application Form >
Equality & Diversity Form >
This role will involve contact with children and the post holder will be engaged in regulated activity relevant to children and will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exception Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
Please note that by submitting an application, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to view any publicly available information published online (including social media platforms) as part of our shortlisting process, in line with current KCSIE guidelines.
Child Protection Policy >
Code of Conduct >
What we offer
We recognise the value and contribution every member of our staff makes to our schools, and in return for their dedication and commitment we provide:
- An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff and children in all of our schools
- A highly organised and very supportive team
- High quality professional development opportunities from Day One, including a National College account, where you can access thousands of training courses online for free
- A clear vision with purpose and values that are supported by all our staff
- Unlimited, free access to the Employee Assistance Programme which gives all our staff confidential support and guidance whenever they need it