The Mead Trust is supported by three levels of governance, Members, Trustees and the schools’ local Academy Advisor Groups. A full governance structure can be found here.
All members of these groups are volunteers and make an invaluable contribution to our children’s education, opportunities and futures. Being a trustee or Academy Advisor is a challenging but hugely rewarding role. Joining our governance team will give you the opportunity to:
- Use your own experience of education and life beyond school to contribute to the strategic direction of the Trust
- Develop and utilise your skills to impact on the education provision for children
- Make a valuable contribution to education and your community
- Support and challenge the school so that it improves for its children and staff
- Bring your unique experiences, perspectives and insights in to decision-making in the interests of the school community
We ask our governance team to demonstrate a commitment to the Nolan Seven Principles of Public Life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
We are constantly reviewing our governance team to ensure it has a balance and diversity of knowledge, skills and experience, in order for it to be as effective as possible.
For an informal discussion about joining our governance team, please contact us via email.