The Curriculum: P.E.
A high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
- A sense of fun, with an emphasis on team work
- A well-structured, progressive and exciting PE curriculum based upon five principals (1: Fundamental Movement Skills, 2: Sports, 3. Social and Personal Skills, 4: Swimming)
- High quality P.E. teaching
- Development of the ‘whole child’
- Engagement in extra-curricular active opportunities
- Resourcing and planning to ensure that all children succeed