Uniform helps develop a sense of identity with our schools. We have our own school uniform and all children are encouraged to wear it. The Mead’s school logo is a badger, Castle Mead’s is a bat (the only school in the country to have a bat as the logo!) and River Mead’s is a kingfisher. The Mead at Wingfield’s logo is a pheasant.
- Jade school sweatshirt or cardigan
- White or navy polo shirt
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore
- Jade and white checked or striped dress
- Sensible dark shoes (no trainers, heels or slingbacks, and no open-toed sandals in summer)
- Wellies/old trainers for use on the field at playtimes
- A hat (in summer)
- A school book bag
At the moment, children should come to school in their PE kit on days when they have PE, to avoid changing at school. If you are not sure which day your child does PE, please contact your school office.
- White or navy t-shirt (The Mead)
- White or house colour t-shirt (Castle Mead)
- T-shirt in house colour (River Mead)
- Navy shorts and tracksuit bottoms
- Navy hoodie or jumper
- Plimsolls or trainers
For outdoor physical activities, a navy hoodie or jumper, navy jogging bottoms, and trainers, are necessary for use in colder and/or damp weather.
The Mead and Castle Mead uniform is available from:
55/56 Fore Street
River Mead uniform is available from:
31 Bank Street
Jewellery and fashion items
For reasons of Health & Safety children must not wear jewellery except watches and stud earings (no hooped earings). If a child comes to school in inappropriate footwear, heels, slingbacks, fashion boots, etc. they will be required to wear their plimsolls. The school also discourages the wearing of nail polish and designer sportswear. The school cannot accept responsibility for the loss of personal items such as watches, toys or clothes.